Please come down to SVAE to fill out an assessment in person. You can visit our reception desk from 9 am to 2 pm.
You’re allowed to spend up to 90 minutes on the assessment. You will be doing some reading, writing a paragraph and answering some basic math questions.
Please bring your transcripts with you to be photocopied for our files.
• Valid Manitoba ID or Permanent Resident card.
• 19 years or older, with original school mates already graduated. Some exceptions apply.
• English Language Proficiency for successful High school study – Benchmark 7 or Stage 3.
• Complete entry assessment that looks at your current English and math abilities.
• $20 per term fee per student.
Students seeking a Manitoba Mature Student High School Diploma need 8 credits to graduate.
• At least 4 of those must be grade 12 or level 40S or 41G and must include English and Math.
• The remaining 4 credits can include any optional courses we offer.
Students who are upgrading, who have already achieved grade 12 graduation in Canada or elsewhere, are encouraged to take 4 credits, including English and math, to receive an upgrading completion certificate.
Prior Credits and recognizing Prior Learning (RPL):
• Any and all high school courses from grade 9 to 12 can be assessed for credit
• RPL involves giving credit for formal and informal studies you have done and is done by the Director.
• We also look at Transferring credit if you have studied in another setting or time.
• There is a registration form involved, we need to see transcripts and mark statements, and we do our best but it is not always possible to give credit.